Dental Root Canal Treatment in Paris TX
Every tooth consists of three different layers. The outermost and hardest layer is the enamel, the second layer is dentin, and at the center of your tooth is pulp. Pulp is a collection of blood vessels that helps to build the surrounding tooth. Infection of the pulp can be caused by trauma to the tooth, deep decay, cracks and chips, or repeated dental procedures. Symptoms of the infection can be identified as visible injury or swelling of the tooth, sensitivity to temperature or pain in the tooth and gums.
We offer our Paris TX patients the latest in root canal therapy. When the damage goes beyond what can be treated with a filling, we can perform a root canal to preserve the tooth and retain its original integrity. A root canal is a procedure that extracts the pulp from the central part of the tooth, reshapes the canal and replaces it with a bio-compatible medicament filler.
Today, root canal treatments are performed with advanced techniques and materials, making them far more comfortable and faster. The common misconception is that a root canal is a painful procedure. Actually, root canals are similar to having a cavity filled.
Problems That May Require a Root Canal
- Inflamed/infected tooth pulp
- Swelling or tenderness near the infected tooth
- Severe sensitivity to hot and cold elements
- Tooth decay
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Hard/Traumatic Impact
- Repeat dental procedures on a single tooth
- Internal/External Resorption (an auto-immune like disorder)
When left untreated, these problems can lead to severe tooth decay reaching the root of the tooth, causing extensive damage to the tooth structure.
Steps of a Root Canal
- Undergo anesthesia
- Dental dam is used to isolate the tooth
- Tooth is opened to allow for removal of infected or dead dental pulp
- Tooth is comprehensively cleaned
- The canal is reshaped
- Tooth is filled with biocompatible filling material
- A temporary covering is used over the access opening
- Following a recovery period, you will return for the placement of a permanent restoration
We will work with each patient individually to discuss the details of your treatment and any possible alternatives. Our top priority is to provide you with the highest standard of care.
For all of your family, cosmetic or restorative dental needs, we invite you to contact Paris Family Dental. Call us today to schedule your appointment at (903) 732-0061! Visit us at 2333 Lamar Ave, Paris, TX 75460 to learn more about our team, our practice, and how we provide excellence in dentistry in our area.